Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The fun starts here in Post Falls, ID

A little history for you all - Jared and I are both from Oregon and met while I was preparing for my mission to South Carolina. Jared then went on his mission to California, which, incidentally , is where he really wants to settle down eventually. It didn't take long for us to tie the knot once we both returned from our missions. We married in the Portland Temple in 1991 and are now blessed with 6 beautiful girls.

First we have Kilie, who is gorgeous (looks just like me) with the brains of a college grad, the personality of a rock star, not to mention all the recruiters who come to watch her middle school soccer games. Olivia (another beauty, who looks a lot like me, and definitely tans like I do) who is the life of the party and another amazing athlete. America, our third, who is a natural mother to the little ones. She is another athletic, brainy beauty, who incidentally, also looks a lot like me, and is the apple of everyone's eyes. Next comes our Glory (Hallelujah!) who we think will win the pulitzer prize for her findings in nature. She is drop-dead-dreamy (a lot of people note that she is my miniature, as far as looks go) and is everybody's friend. Definitely a go-getter (like me) and lots of fun. Sage is, well, Sage IS sage (that means wise). She is her mommy's girl, but is fearless. Scoring high on all of the nine I.Q. exams we have had her study for, she is amazing. And of course, everyone's sweetheart. Eden, who is actually everyone's favorite, has made incredible advancements for her age. Everywhere we go, everyone tells us that she is the cutest and best baby they have ever met. But, they are just ordinary kids - our kids, and despite their weaknesses, we love them. We realize t hey have nowhere but up to go.

We have lived in many states, starting with Utah, Oregon, West Virginia, Tennessee, and now Idaho. We have tried to add one child per state (Utah got two in) and so hopefully, we'll be moving to a new state soon................

3 comments:

luke g said...

i wanted to comment on your kids, as I am about to start my own family

I see all the other parents, even those in our immediate family (brothers sisters even mom and dad) and i see the mistakes they have made or ARE making with their kids. OBviously meghann and I wont raise rude, stupid, unathletic, unintelligent, misbehaving kids. I mean, even for our newborn, i know she will be as good as they come. I guess im just wondering how you handle even the little mistakes your kids make...even though they are few and far between.

I would appreciate your thoughts as I am afraid meghann and i will never have the chance--i just know our kids will make good choices and not disappoint us.
Just makes you wonder what happens between the spirit world pre-earth and when they are born. Maybe they hear how their parents talk and know even before they are born, that they will be able to get away with this or that, depending on their parents weaknesses? just a theory

by the way, meghann and i have some ideas as far as the recruiters, and all the activities your kids do--just some fine tuning for their behavior

Sarah said...

I don't really see any resemblance between you and your girls. Are they adopted?

Sarah said...

Move twice in one year and you might get your boy twins. Hmmmmm.