Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Really!

As I was working on a rough outline for my "Arizona, Live" book (possible title) I couldn't help but be reminded that my brother Luke is also working on a novel about Italy. I guess writing runs in the family. Mom writes a short mystery every time she sends an email and even my sister Sean has dabbled a bit with pen and ink. I'm rhapsodizing a little poetic here. It's weird in one way and not in another. Here's why. I find that I am the type of person who completely immerses herself into the task at hand. I'm just that way. I am so focused. I suppose it's a talent but I hesitate to say that about myself. I'll leave that to others to judge. But I really am excited about my book because I don't think there is anything out there like it. I'm thinking big, but that's what you have to do, dream big or dream small, either way you get something. I'm hoping to maybe pay off Kilie's braces, finally pay off our 18 year old suburban (maybe even a new landcruiser - if it comes in plum), and get that "body enhancement" I've been tempted to try. I'll keep you informed on my progress -- maybe even an excerpt or two (one idea: "You and Your Partner Don't Have to Spend Your Vacation Alone -- How to Meet Other Friendly People in AZ" and "Even if You Don't Tan Easily-- AZ Indoors") Really! But I have a gut feeling (that word just says it all doesn't it?) that I'm not the only one working on a Science Fair project (or 4). Another of those "total immersion" moments for me. You won't believe me when I say this but if you were to see Olivia's project, you might. You know me, I'm not a "gray" person. It's right or it's wrong. Not! I've always thought there was no way in he_ _ that we could have any link to chimps or apes. And I'm not saying we do, but I am hinting that maybe our darker skinned Lamanite friends may. Apparently there were some lost scrolls hinting in this direction. Wow. It's not too surprising really because the Plan is so complex. How can we even think we understand any of it. Really! Well, I'm in the mood to go on an on (there's the writer in me again :)) but I need to spend Dr. Laura's recommended 15 minutes with "my man." tee hee! You'll hear from me again soon. Really!

2 comments:

Sarah Bailey said...

Court, I love hearing about your writing. Keep it up. Maybe you will inspire Sean and Mom to finally start/finish/give up on theirs.

Sarah said...

Court, you are starting to worry me (just starting).......what's with the superiority vibe I'm feeling in this post?!