Tuesday, March 18, 2008

More on Me

I know when I go to see the blogs of my friends I love to see their husbands and cute kids, but really I want to see you -- my highschool bffs, mission companions and college roommates. I want to see how well you've aged, if you've changed, do I still recognize you. You can't be too different -- that's why this blog. Me.

I haven't changed much have I? Same long hair, svelte shape and easy smile. Ok, maybe I've plucked a strand of gray here and there (but not enough to count on both hands), had six babies and done my share of worrying. But inside I feel so young! I feel 21.

I love to let loose with my girls and rock out to Hannah, Hillary and the Britster, Wham, Milli Vanilli, etc., etc. I love to shake it for Jared and just forget that when you are in your 30s and are "grown up" you are supposed to be past all that. I love to roll the windows down, put my RayBans on and crank up "Boys of Summer." I love to do the makeup and do a little "posing" just for myself. See, you'd definitely recognize me from the old days. Just like I recognize you.

4 comments:

luke g said...

i do recognize you. Its almost as if you haven't aged. Actually, you look a lot like your daughter Olivia. I don't know if it is your nose and chin, or how you just don't seem to age.

Congrats on all the wonderful things you have been doing. I envy your grasp on youth: i have been considering a jowel lift and love handle tuck

i just can't let go...im not the spring chicken i used to be and it stinks. Remember that song you used to sing ALL THE TIME...i think it was from your prom days, with hunky tom sellek look alike chris cobfeld...you capture the message of the song: forever young, i want to be forever young.

but my quesiton to you is this: Do you really want to live FOREVER?

Sarah said...

No, you really do look like you haven't aged - seriously. You must be living right.

The Awkward Mom said...

What is your favorite song to dance to?

Nancy Luckey said...

I get shunned alot because of my great love for milli vanilli-I am so glad to know I can love fabrice and still be your friend!