Sunday, March 30, 2008

Us and Them -- Families that Build Together...

I know it's been a few days since I've posted but Spring Break kept me busy. Anyway, my sister emailed me letting me know that they are doing a little sprucing up and since she doesn't make the time to blog (or journal, I'm betting), I'll fill you in. Apparently they are doing a cozy little conversion. I wouldn't say it is my style, but it sounds like it is nice for the Mannings, who are used to making do.

We (C&J) are really good at planning so we knew how many bedrooms we'd need BEFORE we picked a house, and we would never think of doing without a family room (or 3), so we'll also have a family room right away. But, because of budgeting (good for them) and time constraints, the Mannings are transforming their smallish family room into (wow!) 2 bedrooms. I can't say I'd consider the same thing, but then of course we're starting out with a much bigger home footprint and budget. I'm sure the Manning project will turn out as good as you can expect from a do-it-yourself type of project. I'm so excited for them but I do hope they can afford to get rid of those ghastly globe lights! Sean has said she'd appreciate tips on paint colors and Marty would like suggestions on outlet placement.

Did I mention that we'll be having 12 bedrooms? (and none of them will be in a converted family room). For the record Sean did say they'd like to eventually convert their garage into a family room (hello?) but we know that she's kind of a big talker. Be happy with what you have is my motto. Hope you don't mind that I shared, Sean! You guys are amazing!

3 comments:

The Awkward Mom said...

Should I use a light bright color to make the little tiny rooms look bigger?

Just Me said...

Light Bright as in Lite Brite? Those neon colors? Yeah, good idea. Not sure there is anything you can do to make tiny look, hmmm, how should I say it....inviting? Cozy, that is more like it.

Sarah Bailey said...

Wow Mannings!! That looks so good. You do what we've only talked of doing for 4+ years. I'm so jealous. Can we borrow Marty?