Monday, March 17, 2008

More on Memory

You may want to click on this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAn8lu3C9IE to enjoy the full experience of reading this blog because guess what? It's all about my memories. I guess coming out about the memory "loss" experience has taken me back to 1981. Yep, that's me on BBF Carla Westover's shoulders. I was always chosen to be on top, mostly because of my small waist and excellent balance (thanks for the ballet mom). I guess you can figure out for yourselves that I was a cheerleader (all 4 years).


And, yep, that's Chris (though I don't remember his face being so broad), the guy who could have learned from little brother Carden that you are not less of a man if you shave your back (and in Chris' situation his hands and neck as well). He could also learned from Jare about shaving his head, but that's something Jare and I will discuss in private, if you know what I mean. I always loved how Chris was so accepted in our home. In fact, mom's study door was often unlocked for Chris and I don't know how many hours of wise counseling she helped us with. Look where we are today (thanks for the effort mom).

I don't want to dwell on my high school years, after all, it is time to make some good memories at this old stage of my life, but high school was so awesome and I was so popular. From day one I showed up my big sister. Not on purpose of course, she was just one of the many misfits at SHS. I tried to set an example for her but it was too late. For example: She had a dress with spaghetti straps. It had a little jacket on it to make it modest. But one day I saw her walking around school withOUT the jacket, trying to fit in. Her arms and shoulders were showing (photo at left shows she is still trying the latest in makeup to fit in). I've always felt modesty and being my own natural self is very important and never joined my sisters in playing "bikini" with underwear or laying out on the garage roof. I was already tan enough anyway. But enough about my sisters.

I just want to thank everyone who supported me in high school.

2 comments:

The Awkward Mom said...

That day I actually did fit in for once. I think you were just jealous because I looked so good.

luke g said...

lol

i like seeing how characteristics are passed from one generation to the other