Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Simple Life

Here's an oldy, but goldy. Parenting 101 for sure! Awwwwww.............so cute.

Things used to be so simple. Going to school with my sweetie, lugging our lightweight Kilie to and from school. One child. One husband. Life was simple. At least that is the way I remember things.

My husband struggled a bit more with the whole parenting thing. I'm grateful to my parents who raised me up to be such a good mother and wife. Like I said , Jared struggled more. Maybe it was the double dose formula feedings in between nursing when the formula just wouldn't mix well enough for his liking. Or maybe it was the stroller that lost a wheel. Living close to my siblings was a struggle for him as well. How could I blame him - he just wasn't that into Uno.

Looking back, I realize there was probably things I could have done to help him more. Even a less overwhelming hairstyle might have soothed his raw nerves, but that was then, this is now. He was just like every other new daddy. A little tired, hard-working, but so in love with me.

There were lots of little things that contributed to my sweetie's struggle, but that's another blog, another day, for him.

Awww.............life was good. But better now.

1 comment:

The Awkward Mom said...

He apparently wasn't into Phase Ten, Scrabble or Twister, either.