Saturday, March 15, 2008

Lessons Learned

Kids are finally tucked in- a little quiet time with my honey (and after seeing his picture I am sure you understand why I love a little alone time!!) What a joy our 6 little angels are- well the only REAL angel is Eden! I was thinking about her and how adding her to our family just reaffirmed our motto of Positive Living. When we found out she has Downs Syndrome we just said to ourselves.... forget "downs' we live UP! She has just been a light to us all. And I am so glad we could set the standard and pave the way for my younger sister who last year had a little boy with "special needs" and when I heard their news I thought, good for her, good for her. I knew from the carefree, lighthanded way her family was living that this would really ground them. They needed some real life lessons learned. There are things you can only learn through experience, and I am sure that having seen us with Eden reminded them in the hard days that they needed to keep their chins up! Like the song from Charlottes Web. We play it every morning just to get the girls dancing out of bed. I am glad I am there, to answer all my sisters questions and be the example on a hill to her.

1 comment:

luke g said...

CHin up Chip up every little heart doo doo doo do

chin up chin up, wear it share it, you'll be having fun more often now
up with the chinny chin chin, you'll be on teh bright side, looking at teh right side, up with teh chinny chin chin..

I LOVE THAT tune...i sing it to meghann every time she has to get up, when she doesnt want to...such inspiration. I heard they were adding it to the hymnbook?