Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sisters (IN-LAW)

I've mentioned my real sisters but I almost forgot I have sisters-in-law. We have grown so close over the many months and years since I attended each and every one of their weddings. In fact, I made each and every one of their bridal gowns. That may be why they know they can turn to me whenever, wherever and whatever. I have fond memories (that word again) of Lynae and I having that wedding night chat, "What should I make Seth for breakfast?", of Brenda being fearful of childbirth, "Don't worry Brenda, even though you feel like you are going to die for about 24 hours, chances are you won't." And of course counselling Meghann on the righteousness of modest one-piece swimwear. None tan quite as easily as me, but each has been the subject of countless funny dinner discussions. IE: "Now we know that Aunt Brenda thinks it is ok to let her children watch R-rated movies, but we know better," ( or "Some aunts, like Lynae, may not know that we shouldn't swear. Let's be good examples." And all of our favorite, "Yes, Auntie Meghann does have a boyfriend, but she's a convert." Oh, the laughs we've had. (That's Brenda with two of her children in the photo. And Lynae when she's not swearing below.)




And please, don't get me started on the brothers in law -- Marty, with his obession about a quiet house -- it's obvious why Sean drinks; Brett with his distaste of solid wood -- for cripes sake, just get your wife some shelves; Jonathan who thinks he "knows it all." Well, I have a word or two for that wiseacre. Anyway, families are so fun. Isn't is Dr. Laura (my guru) who said, when it comes to family you just have to be social a few times a year.



Gotta go sistas.

3 comments:

The Awkward Mom said...

I resent what you said about Marty. I drink for other reasons.

Just Me said...

I'm appalled.

Just Me said...

Why does Lynae swear and who is Meghann's boyfriend?