Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Just back from a whirlwind business trip w/ Jared


Phew! What a week. We just never stopped sight-seeing and trying out new restaurants. While Jared did have to spend some time at the plant, he had plenty of time to run around with me checking out all the cute little antique shops. I don't know who loves a bargain more - me or Jared. You should have seen his eyes when we spotted this adorable wooden spotted owl. Can you say, "Memories!!" We were also able to find some cute dogsuits for Utah and Bear. Can't wait to post pics of them.

All this sight-seeing got me thinking! I'm now planning on writing a book that will let readers know what they can and can't expect to find in Tempe, AZ. All the crazy, fun places that you just can't miss out on. Should be fun. It is funny because I have been looking for something to do during homeschool recess and lunchbreak that will be enjoyable to do, but at the same time meaningful. Something that won't take all my time (I still need to grade papers as well) but something I can really sink my teeth into.

I was so excited that Jared actually invited me to come along. Usually, it is just him and his buddies and they get to have guy's night out every night. He wanted all the kids to come, of course, so they wouldn't get behind in their schooling. Every evening he quizes them on geography facts and he has noticed that even one day of not hitting the books is one less chance of them graduating sim pi laude, like he did. We did bring along our sis to cook and clean up after them since we couldn't bring our cook, nanny, and assistant tudor to AZ. Overall, it was a great trip. The only downside was when Kilie messed up on Assyria's ancient location. Luckily, Olivia did know that location and that seemed to appease Jared somewhat.

Jare bear is climbing the ladder left and right, I mean up and down, I mean up, up, and away. He just doesn't mess around when it comes to firing those lazy slobs that work for him. I have no doubt that before he retires people won't even remember what a union is!

You might not recognize him in the picture - it was super hot the whole week, so he had to bring out the ol' toupe for the trip. I am just so lucky that I don't have to worry about sun-burning. I count my blessings every day. I tan so easily.

3 comments:

Sarah Bailey said...

I've always liked how you and Jare take time for yourselves. Hopefully you made progress on your book. Are you going to include any Yummy cake ideas?

Sarah said...

Court, sounds like a great trip. Were you okay without all your usual household help? I'm suprised you left home without your housekeeper and cook. I guess even the best of trips have their sacrifices. Love ya!
Sarah

The Awkward Mom said...

Did your tan get darker?